Don’t throw away everything you’ve built together.
Also known as an uncontested divorce, an Agreed Divorce can help you move forward with dignity, grace and respect. Evans Family Law Group helps Austin-area families.
For a free Consultation, contact
Evans Family Law Group now
by James W. Evans
& Chris Heerlein
What is an Agreed Divorce?
Avoid the cost of litigation with an Agreed Divorce
An Agreed Divorce can build on the goodwill of two people willing to work together, so as not to cause unnecessary conflict by embracing an amicable and transparent process from the start. An Agreed Divorce requires a commitment from both spouses wanting to adapt a different path from the traditional divorce.
An Agreed Divorce with Evans Family Law Group involves an experienced attorney Board Certified in the practice of Family Law whose purpose is to guide the client through the entire process, ensuring that children, property, finances, and assets are all addressed with creativity and customized court orders where needed to achieve a legal and binding agreement that is approved by the Court.
All in all, an Agreed Divorce is not about there being a winner or loser. It is the primary goal of the Evans Family Law Group for a client committed to an Agreed Divorce to set a positive tone for life after divorce, avoid unnecessary conflict, foster collaboration, and accelerate the healing process.
Evans Family Law Group serves Williamson, Travis, Bastrop, and Hays Counties in Central Texas.
Avoid costly courtroom litigation and expensive negotiations between lawyers.
Achieve a desired outcome with minimal conflict and relationship damage.
Resolve differences amicably and in an open and transparent manner.
An Agreed Divorce is ideal for spouses who can commit to trusting each other to be transparent about their finances, the valuation of their assets, and issues related to the children
Pricing starts at
Our Standard plan is designed for clients with less complex estates and planning needs and are in agreement on the terms of their divorce.
* Because filing varies by county and not all cases require additional out of pocket expenses, the flat rate does not include certain out of pocket expenses such as the initial filing fee, fees associated with division of retirement plans, processing title transfer documents, or certified copies of court documents. These expenses, if applicable, will be specifically disclosed at your initial consultation and set forth in the agreement for representation to avoid any surprise and allow you to plan for such expenses.
- Flat rates start at $2,500 depending on the needs of your case*
- No hourly billing, flat rate includes all time by Evans Family Law Group
- Case is overseen by an associate attorney
- More suitable for less complex estates
- More suitable for the client with a firm understanding of their financial needs
- More suitable for spouses in agreement on the specific terms of their divorce
- More suitable for spouses who desire to have control for the outcome of their case
- More suitable for parents committed to an agreed outcome in the best interest of the children
- More suitable for parents with more traditional family arrangements
- No courtroom litigation, such as a hearing or trial before a Judge
- No spouse will be served with citation, process, or court papers by process server
- No litigation, no subpoenas, no formal discovery, no depositions
- You and your spouse control the outcome; nothing is presented to the Court without the consent of both spouses
Pricing starts at
We've designed our signature plan for the client with a more a more complex estate, unique custody or parenting plans, or the client who prefers more direct attorney oversight by Mr. Evans, a Board Certified Family Law Attorney.
- Discounted Retainer of $3,500
- Billed hourly, at a discounted hourly rate
- Case is personally overseen by Mr. Evans
- Drafting is personally overseen by Mr. Evans
- More suitable for complex estates
- More suitable for the estate with advanced tax planning requirements
- More suitable for the family with unique custody and parenting planning needs
- More suitable for the client in need of assistance with understanding and planning for future financial needs
- More suitable for the client who prefers customized planning, ideas, and option generation for your unique circumstances
- More suitable for spouses seeking a gender neutral approach to divorce and creating parenting plans
- More suitable for the client who has a high degree of trust and transparency with their spouse, are in agreement to be divorced, but have yet to come to a formalized agreement on specific terms
Contested divorces can be expensive and time consuming.
- High conflict
- No control over the outcome which in litigation is uncertain and unknown
- Outcome of the case is determined by a Judge
- Process if litigation and attorney driven
- Expensive, impossible to predict costs
- Requires spouses to turn against one another
- Seeks to establish a “winner” and a “loser”
- Children suffer from the ongoing conflict
No Winners and Losers in a Custody Fight
Children are the most valuable asset parents have. It is well documented the long term damage that can be done to kids caught between Parents engaged in a high conflict for custody.
The fear of "losing" custody causes one parent to escalate the conflict against the other. In return, the constant emotional turmoil and leaving the decision to a judge to decide what is in your child's best interest, often comes at an enormous emotional and financial cost. While in litigation there will be a "winner" and a "loser", the kids often can't see or process the difference. All they see, feel, and absorb is conflict.
Yet, for two good parents who desire to avoid this and can work together to fashion an agreed parenting plan, there is a better way. This is where Agreed Divorces can make all the difference.The process of an Agreed Divorce at the Evans Family Law Group encourages collaboration and agreement between parents deciding what they know to be in their children's best interest.
Why leave such significant decisions in the hands of a Judge (with respect to our judiciary) who have never met you or your children and will only come to know you through the evidence presented in the course of a short hearing?
Enter the Agreed Divorce Attorneys at the Evans Family Law Group stand ready to offer many ideas and options for parenting plans, custody agreements, and visitation arrangements, including customization for your particular circumstances if necessary. The process of an Agreed Divorce is far less expensive, achieves a faster resolution, and gives parents the ability to have control over the parenting plan and the outcome of their divorce.
“I highly recommend Evans Family Law. I had never hired an attorney before so was very nervous about the process. I first met with Jimmy who put me completely at ease. Later I worked with Elizabeth who was extremely helpful and caring. I have felt like I have been in good hands throughout a hard and sensitive time. Jimmy, Elizabeth, Jenni and everyone at Evans Family Law has been kind, respectful, caring and wonderful to work with.”
How Agreed Divorce Works
Most Agreed Divorces can be completed within 120 days.
As long as both parties to the agreed divorce avoid conflict and have transparent communication throughout the process, things will run very smoothly and quickly. If documents are signed in a timely manner, then an agreed divorce can be finalized in as little as 120 days or less. There are exceptions to this timeframe, but generally things can be completed quickly as long as all parties stick with the plan.
“For over 20 years our mission has been to help our clients divorce with dignity, grace and compassion.”
Watch experienced Texas Family Law Attorney Jimmy Evans discuss agreed divorces[ryv-popup video="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E4LqfvmFT9Q?autoplay=1"]
About the Firm
The Evans Family Law Group specializes in the practice of family law in Central Texas
Our practicing manager and founder, James W. Evans, known as "Jimmy", is Board Certified in the practice of family law since 2010 and has been recognized by Texas Monthly Magazine as a Texas "Super Lawyer" in 2015, 2016, and 2017. With extensive experience in the family law areas of custody and divorce, Jimmy brings his considerable courtroom and litigation experience to assist couples who are able to reach an agreement and provide support to couples who are able to dissolve their divorce amicably.
With Jimmy's experience in litigation and family law, he is able find solutions that meet the needs of the entire family. For purposes of an uncontested divorce, Mr. Evans believes that the “legal solution” is not always what’s best for the family; that this is a question best left for the parents and the parties themselves to decide what’s best. You may need assistance with ideas on how to handle issues related to your home, how to handle debts, liabilities, special needs for your spouse or your children, or other issues related to custody and visitation.
There are times when clients need guidance on how to handle family business issues, the sale of a home, the refinancing of a business or a home, how to handle debts or liabilities of the other party, or other issue that require legal advice.
We believe that if we can bring dignity to a couple that is in agreement to divorce, that this is something we want to give back to our community. Our obligation for couples working through an uncontested divorce is to guide you through the process, remove as much anxiety in the process, and take the agreement you reach with your spouse and make that work for purposes of an Agreed Final Decree of Divorce which will be approved by a Judge. We will work hard to strive and help you come up with a practical solution that will work for both you and your family members.
Contact us for a free consultation at the Evans Family Law Group
Contact an Attorney now at the Evans Family Law Group for your Agreed Divorce needs.
Our Divorce Attorneys work many agreed divorce cases in Williamson County, Travis County, Bastrop and Hays Counties as well. Our Austin Divorce Attorneys offer a free consultation and oftentimes can make arrangements to work through phone conference or electronically, such as skype, if necessary.
Evans Family Law Group – Austin Office
901 S Mopac Expy #110 Building 1
Austin, TX 78746
Evans Family Law Group – Bastrop Office
714 Chestnut St
Bastrop, TX 78602