Caroline A. McClimon has practiced family law in Texas since 2009. In 2019 she joined the Evans Family Law Group, which has more than 20 years of experience in all aspects of family law.
As the head attorney at our Bastrop office, Ms. McClimon handles divorce, support, and custody cases, as well as adoption, estate planning, and marriage planning. In addition to family law, she has significant experience in probate, both simple and complex.
Ms. McClimon’s approach to law centers on getting to know her clients and the particulars of their situations. As her client, you can expect to be heard and understood, in addition to creative and strong legal representation.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2009, and a Bar member since.
- Former President of the Bastrop County Bar Association
- Member of the Bastrop County Bar Association since 2014
- Appointed an Associate Judge for the City of Bastrop’s Municipal Court.
- Recently selected as a Texas 2019 “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers
- Active member of the Family Law Section of the Texas State Bar Association and the American Bar Association
- J.D. from the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
- Expected to qualify and sit to become board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in the Fall 2019. Once qualified, the Evans Family Law Group will represent two of the only three board certified attorneys in the practice of family law in Bastrop County, Texas.
Other Experience, Commitments, and Background
- Worked in the office of U.S. Senator John Cornyn
- Director and treasurer of the Smithville Chamber of Commerce
- Director of the Smithville Noon Lions Club.
- B.A. degree in Political Science from Southern Methodist University in 2005.
- Recipient of academic and athletic scholarships and lettered in Women’s Varsity Crew
- Treasurer of the Smithville Chamber of Commerce from 2016 to 2018
- Commissioner on the City of Smithville Planning & Zoning Commission from January 2015 to May 2018.
- Member of the Smithville Noon Lions Club, including serving on its Board of Directors