Evans Family Law Group is offering a $1,000.00 scholarship to one college-bound Bastrop student, whose parent works in one of the following underappreciated industries: first-responders, police, firefighters and military personnel. Often these members of our community contribute skill, integrity, and bravery that far exceed what they earn. Partly they do what they do for their family, and their families usually support them behind-the-scenes in various ways. So, in our view the children and families of front-line workers also play an important role, but tend to be overlooked by colleges and their financial-aid offices (among other institutions).
That’s why we’d like to offer certain college-bound high school students in the Bastrop area – whose parents are first-responders, police, firefighters, or military personnel – an opportunity to earn financial assistance in the form of a $1,000 scholarship.
To be eligible you must be:
- A high school Senior in Bastrop County, Texas
- The child of military personnel or a first responder (e.g. firefighter, police officer, paramedic)
- Entering your Freshman year in college Fall of 2021.
Details of scholarship:
- It is a $1,000 grant (not a loan)
- If and when you contact us, we will send you details on the application process, which will include sending us your report card and an essay (AKA “personal statement”).
- The essay topic is: when was a time your “front-line worker” parent easily could have quit his or her job and perhaps started an easier career (and nobody would have blamed him or her for doing so), but decided to continue in the riskier job anyway? Why do you think he or she did that?
- The application and essay are due by January 15, 2021.
- We will make a decision by March 15, 2021, and will contact you soon after.
- We will disburse the funds (in the form of a check) at our Bastrop, TX office around May 15, 2021.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to apply for the scholarship, please contact Evans Family Law Group. You may use the form on this site, and mention the “Scholarship Application” in your message.