Divorce can be one of the most devastating, difficult, confusing, and challenging things that you will ever encounter.
The Evans Law Group has skilled Austin, Texas divorce lawyers who totally understand what you are going through. We totally understand what you are going through. The leading attorney at our firm, Mr. James W. Evans, stands by the philosophy of “just because you are able to do it, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you should”. Not all cases should be litigated through the court systems. We don’t believe in going through costly litigation, simply because the option is available. There are many alternative options to resolve your case that are much more affordable and effective than litigation. See our mediation and collaborative law pages for further information. We understand the process, and we know that you need closure to move on with your life.
Whether your case is mediated, negotiated in the office, or litigated for a judge to decide, you need experienced, capable, and reliable legal representation. Our knowledgeable attorneys take an aggressive, yet passionate approach in working with our clients until they are fully satisfied with the end results. If you or someone close to you is either considering or going through a divorce, then the Austin divorce lawyers at Evans Law Group can help. We are a well-known Austin, Texas divorce law firm that offers legal representation in areas that include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Contested Divorce with Property, Children, or Child Custody Issues
- Contested Divorce
- Mediated Divorce
- Agreed Divorce
- Divorce Decree Modifications
- Collaborative Divorce
- Valuations for Property and Assets
- Spousal Support, Alimony, or Child Support
- Protection for Community or Separate Property Rights
- Asset Tracing
- Experienced Collaboration with Business Evaluation Experts and CPA Professionals
- Experienced Financial Analysis
- Experienced Property Analysis
- Contested Divorce in Austin
Contested divorce can get ugly in some circumstances. It is often a long drawn out battle that can be unpleasant. With the watchful guidance given by a Texas divorce lawyer from our firm, you will be helped throughout the complete process. We will work with you closely until and amicable agreement can be reached. A contested divorce can refer to a couple of different scenarios.
- One party to the proceedings does not believe that there are sufficient grounds for a divorce. In this scenario, one party or the other does not want the divorce. A contested divorce will require the services of a competent attorney. After the petition for dissolution of marriage has been filed, either party can request a court hearing to dispute or formalize the grounds for divorce.
- One or both parties do not agree to the terms of the divorce. In this scenario, both parties have agreed that the proceedings should take place, but they believe that the terms are unacceptable. Disputes may include things such as alimony, property ownership, child custody, joint business ventures, or other things that the parties are not happy with. This scenario is the most common type of contested divorce.
Any type of contested divorce proceedings can take months, if not years to resolve. You should never attempt to represent yourself in these types of proceedings. A knowledgeable lawyer from our Evans Law Group Austin, Texas law office will have years of experience in representing both petitioners and respondents in these types of cases. We will do our utmost best to seek an outcome that fully satisfies the needs of our client, while reducing the stress and burden that comes along with a contested cause of action.
High Caliber Divorce Attorneys in Austin
The divorce attorneys at Evans Law Group have a lot of experience in the area of divorce proceedings. They understand how to assist you no matter how complex or simple your case might be. From cases with children that have special needs to family situations involving mental health issues, addiction, domestic violence or other issues, we have the experience to properly represent you in all circumstances. We are also well-versed in dealing with relocation issues and international abductions.
Whether you have a major property issue, a child custody issue, or a simple problem that can be fixed quickly, it will be stressful regardless of how small or large of an issue it is. It is imperative to know that you have the assistance of a skilled attorney that you can trust. You will need a professional lawyer that has experience both in and out of the courtroom. It is important to know that your attorney will be able to give sound advice and care for your needs regardless of your situation.
The Law Office of Evans Law Group
James W. Evans has been practicing law for nearly 20 years, and he has tried more than 100 jury trials during his tenure. Over the past few years, Mr. Evans has used his extensive experience to focus entirely on practicing family law. He has plenty of experience in both negotiations and courtroom time. Our sole goal is to offer the compassionate, experienced, and aggressive representation that your case requires. Our team of Austin divorce lawyers and staff members will work diligently to ensure that the rights of our clients are fully protected. We offer free consultations, and convenient appointment times. Put the experience of our law firm to work by contacting us today at (512) 628-2550 to discuss your case. You can also contact Mr. Evans directly at his private email address email@example.com.